Commonly know around the gaming world, E3 showed off quite a few new gadgets that will keep young kids and some young adults entertained for a few years. But among the new things shown at this expo, one of the newer apps you can soon buy is Internet Explorer...for your Xbox.
The words, "I told you so," come to mind.
And while I think the idea to be able to stay connected to the world a singular device in a home other than a computer is cool, it also adds into an ever growing problem: Communication.
While having to go on the Internet on your Xbox or other said object is cool, it takes away from personal reaction to and with other humans. It takes away from the personal relationships that can be grown through the five senses we were given. It takes away from people being people and not robots. This is a flippant guess, but I would venture to say that this is/could be part of the reason most people have weight problems, especially kids. This is why kids have a hard time discussing the issues they have from school/work/other activities they may do.
I will not deny that technology has its perks, but if we forget one of the most crucial attributes to a functioning human society, we forget, in a way, how to be human. If something isn't used or done on a regular basis, the concept and actual application of said thing/attribute is slowly forgotten. And that is something that needs to be desperately avoided.
Make sure you always communicate with the people around you. Despite the technology increase in the past decade, don't lose communication with your family or friends.
Love this, Bro. This is a big reason I deactivated my Facebook account. I saw more poison than social benefits in my future with that. Social networking is changing, the culture is distancing itself. Soon we will be able to create a literal cyber identity and become so consumed with living through the cyberness, that we will allow ourselves to waste away.
ReplyDeleteIt changes with us. Perhaps the few of us in this generation were placed here for the very reason of halting the cultural decline in things like authentic communication and the like.
I have always felt like I was born in the wrong time period. I feel that my spirit was forged for great battles. But perhaps...the greatest battle is here and now. Will you fight with me for the survival of our generation? Your eyes are also keen and you see the cliff we are quickly falling from as well as I do. What shall we do about it?