A while back, I went up to Blacksburg for a wedding. The wedding itself went smoothly and the party afterwards was a rather lively one. And while the wedding has a slight entrance to what I noticed about that weekend, again, that was only the tip of the iceberg.
As we drove around Blacksburg(despite how little we did), I consistently noticed that almost every store and/or restaurant had maroon and orange attached to their building, whether it be painted on, a flag, or a Hokie bird in the front of the building. And I started pondering the basic concept of unity.
There are a lot of problems going on the world and I would venture to state that most of them have to deal with a lack of unity; whether it be in the government, the home...or the church. If you look around whatever city or county you live in, you'll notice all different types of churches: Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc.. And even among each denomination by itself, you have denominations of denominations. And my question is this: Why do we have so many different types of churches, when God has called us to be as *one* body?
The answer, I believe is quite simple:
Selfishness.
We, even today, want what *we* want. We don't wake up in every morning wondering if *insert random name here* will have a great day. It's always about us and what we want.
I believe that if we get away from the thinking that what we do, say, or think comes first, rather than secondary to the needs of others, only then will we begin to understand each other and start thinking in the same mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment