I've noticed something over the few years I've been an adult: People lose their joy and childlike mindset. Suddenly everything isn't as fun as it used to be. Why? Because, apparently, we now have to deal with reality and have to work full time, go to school full time, manage bills and every other "serious" thing that comes with adulthood. It's like the emotion is being sucked out of people. And the more i see it, the more annoying it gets.
We get so wrapped in dealing with work issues, family issues, car issues, and every other issue that Satan can throw at us, that we forget to look up. And that can be taken in both a physical AND spiritual context. Awhile back, I got the chance to lay in a field and just look at the stars. I was able to look and wonder at the things God has made and simply be silent in His presence. But also, I was able to get away from monstrosities that wanted to bring me back to "reality". Now, yes, I do have to come back to "real life" and deal wtih such issues, but if I don't get out of the house and away from annoyances like such, not having a slow, silent, in-awe moment with creation and all nature that surrounds me, I'll go insane.
Don't forget to have your quiet moments. Whether it be reading a book, looking at stars, or just closing your eyes and simply listening to the silence, just get away from civilization and the noise and bring back your wondering mind.
Hopefully that makes sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment