Saturday, September 17, 2011

Size does matter...

So it's a well known fact: I'm a Doctor Who fan.  Now granted, I'm not one to buy everything of the show or pull every quote out of different episodes(though I will say some of the quotes are awesome) and use them in every day life, but I do have a slight fascination with the show.  And that is because it makes me feel small.
            Now, when I say it makes me "feel small," I don't mean in a bullying, vial way, but rather, a humbling but content way.  If you've never seen the show(...), it follows a man around the universe in his ship who sort of stumbles upon trouble in random parts of time and space.  And throughout the series, a romance is born here and there and heartbreak also follows; because what's TV nowadays if it doesn't have heartbreak in it? -_-
            I watch the show because it humbles me in my thinking that I'm all big and bad and I can handle my problems on my own.  And yet, when night befalls me and I have the ability to look at stars and whatnot, I suddenly realize that I am smaller then dust when compared to the universe and its massive quantities and qualities.  Let me put it in perspective for you: From Earth to the sun is approximately 93 million miles away.  From the sun to Pluto, is 3,666.1 MILLION miles.  Which by the way, is over 7 billion miles.  And that's still in our system.  That's just a puny fraction compared to what else is out in the rest of the universe! And suddenly, I feel like nothing compared to what lies on the other side of what we call atmostsphere. 
               And the next thing that makes me feel even more smaller, is that God created all of it.  The fact that The Creator has the ability to create something of THAT magnitude to the smallest of things such as atoms, befuddles my brains to the maximum extent that it can be befuddled to.  This just goes to show people that not only does God have the ability to love, be patient, have goodness, patience, and whatnot, but that He has POWER to accomplish whatever HE desires in whatever way He wants. 
                So, when you feel big and bad, just look at the stars and ponder them.  I can almost guarantee you'll be humbled by what you see.   
                

No comments:

Post a Comment