Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Things Appreciated

I sit here at nearly 4 in the morning having accomplished one of the hardest things I think I've ever done in my life: I prevented 25 tactical insertions.  
                         For those of you unaware of what I'm talking about, it's referring to an achievement in an Xbox game.   Now, while that may seem minuscule(despite the fact that it is in some way), the fact that it took me a total of almost five hours to get just three, should give you an idea of how difficult it is to complete(At least for me).  And, after completing such achievement, I was very eccentric and enthusiastic about what I had just done.  And while I couldn't jump up and down, and hoot and holler, mainly cause mom was in the other room sleeping(...), there was a sense of accomplishment in my heart.  It took me a long period of time to get that far in it without wanting to start over at the very beginning.  
                         And I began to wonder, the things in life that you yearn for more than anything aren't the easiest ones to get.   They don't just hop up in your lap and say, "Here I am!".  That would be too simple.  It takes time to grow into them and reach them(provided they're goals).  If it's friendships, it takes time to build them and nurture them into seemingly healthy friendships.  Anything in life worth going towards takes time and patience to get to.  
                         But now you have to wonder, "What's out there that's worth my time and effort?"  If I may, here's a few suggestions:
                        
                        1.) God.  God, His word, His teachings, His Son, everything that He is, should be the most important "things" to you.  Enough said.
                       
                        2.) Family.  The thing about family is that they won't always be around.   And while that may be disheartening to people, it thus means that time and effort should be put forth into building the relationships within that circle of closeness.  Be willing to tell the truth with them so that both(or more) people understand each other completely and nothing is hidden.  And if you were wondering, pets are family too.    


                        3.) Friends.  These are the people in which most of your inside jokes will spawn.  These are the people that know even things that your family know.  Because let's be honest, you never told your immediate family everything.  And yet, despite how much you have in common with these people outside of direct family, troubles and pits will come along the path.  Something will be said or shown that insults, offends, or just downright pisses someone off.  You could leave it like it is, torn and battered(possibly broken), but the way you know a true friend is that they come to you with whatever issue they have with you or vice versa; and even more a true friend when people think they've wronged you and ask about it.     
                 
Keep in mind that everything mentioned above, has no physical value.  Oh sure, people have limitations and in some aspects, that makes them physical; but I am talking about that feeling when the special someone walks through the door; when your parents come home from a trip taking them away for a week; or that smile posted on someones face when you walk into a room.  There is more value in a smile or any other sign of emotion then when you go out and buy that latest game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment