Friday, February 15, 2013

Back In The Day

While my new Audiostrobelight cd loads, I might have time to finish this blog...yeah, ok, maybe not...

Here goes...

For the past 6ish hours(with the exception of a local show), I've been listening to old school christian rock.  And by that I mean: Kutless, Pillar, etc.  You know, back when Kutless was good.  And I listen to songs like: Treason, Run, You Are Not The End, Sea of Faces, I realize that those were all awesome songs.  I mean, I knew that when I was younger, but I never REALLY realized it.  And now that i finally realize that(despite it taking me years), I see how much God was actually in my life.  I see how much crap and garbage He actually kept me from seeing.  You'd think growing up in a house that was part of a not-so-great neighborhood, I would be a punk; but we live on the ONE BLOCK that is actually decent despite all the rest.  I'm still a punk, but in a different meaning of the word.    I could've gone the soccer route and been one of those kids that learns to run and kick a ball(don't get me wrong, it's still freakin' hard), but I went the martial arts route and learned so much more than just how to kick a problem around and try to get a point rather than dealing with the situation and finding a solution.  Throughout my childhood, God has always been there with me.  All the choices and things I did that I thought miniscule, turned out to be for something much greater that He has planned. 

Random thoughts...just thought I'd share.  Hope you ponder these too.  And go listen to old school Kutless.  They were kind of amazing then...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment