It's a fact that people will get irritated if not down right ticked with other people. And some times, it's understandable. But what I saw today made me think it very revolting.
I've got about 2 hours left on my shift on a Monday and that's usually when my boss puts up the schedule. I notice he's going to put up the schedule so I can not only look at it but plug it into my iPod calendar. And obviously, he was rather ticked about something; because he preceded to swear up and down all four walls and the ceiling. And it was mainly a lot of the same word; a little variety, but not much.
Now, I can handle language to a degree, but this was near revolting. I stood there in some sort of shock realizing that he had actually used that word that many times in the same paragraph along with a few others. But in the aftermath, I began thinking of the words that I use, whether they be often or seldom. And I honestly, and truly don't want them sounding like that. Where everything I say is negative because someone does something we don't like or gets something that we don't want them to have. And, not even in those cases, but in general; think about it: the mouth is one of the most *dangerous* parts of the body. It gets others in trouble, ourselves, it can tear down or build up(both positively and negatively); it has the ability to lead people and or turn them away from a path. It can do any number of things. So if we have the ability to do ALL that and more, shouldn't we be more careful of the things we say everywhere we go?
James 3:3-12 talks about the taming of the tongue. It can't be done. For humans, it is impossible to keep our mouths shut when we need to(James 3:8). The same mouth we eat with and breathe with is the same mouth we use to bring brothers and sisters down and talk aabout them in their absence. It's the same mouth that we "praise" God with and "worship" Him with. Atrocious? You bet your cookies it is! Now, I know that we shouldn't say just all happy, sappy, loving type things, but when it is "negative", it should be for rebuking and correcting purposes; not to bring them down because we're angry that something didn't go our way.
Be careful of what you say. It can tear down others in an instant; even if it wasn't directed directly at them. Attempt to follow Psalm 119:172 rather then using your tongue for abrasive and defiling things said and thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment